Sunday, July 4, 2010

Akademy: KDE rocks!

This is my first Akademy and I have to admit: I'm blown away! It's better than I even expected. It's such a pleasure to meet so many friendly and openminded KDE members from India, Hungary, France, Italy, Brasil, the Netherlands, USA, Canada, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Slovenia and many many more countries.


I really enjoy to know the people behind the names and nicknames. Two days ago I meat Aurélien Gâteau, the developer of Gwenview and yesterday he won the KDE award for the best application. Congratulations!


On the first night we showed the world that KDE doesn't only rock your desktop but also rock your party!




One final point. The local organizing team and specially the local volunteers are doing an excellent job! You rock, too!

No comments: